Tuesday, December 13, 2011

How To: Create Your Own Honey Skin Mask

Below you'll find a few face mask recipes containing honey. The first is a recipe is one that I tried on my own face just the other day and it worked wonderfully. I'm not talking miracles here, people. But my pores were clearer and my skin felt great afterward. I used unheated and unprocessed honey on my face, but in the future will probably use organic, raw honey in the future.

Honey and Nutmeg Mask

1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon nutmeg

Gently rinse face with water. Mix together (I find mixing with a fork on a small plate works best), and put a fairly thick coating on your face. Leave on for 30 minutes and rinse off.

The nutmeg helps with inflammation and, in time, can help even out skin tone and lighten acne scars.

** Note: The nutmeg should be safe for most skin types, but if you have skin sensitivities, be sure to test it on a small patch of skin first.

Honey, Nutmeg and Cinnamon Mask

2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon cinnamon

Follow the same instructions as above.

The cinnamon adds extra exfoliation properties to the already existing benefits of honey and nutmeg.

**Note: Do not use this on your skin if you have sensitivities, as it will be too harsh.

Honey and Milk Mask

2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon milk

Follow the same instructions as above

The milk will add gentler exfoliation than the cinnamon.




Honey,